An adorable way to send small notes of praise or encouragement!
Duration: 5 minutes
Learning Outcomes: Explore cultural assumptions and symbols. Practice folding and taping. Exercise Fine motor skills. Create a cute take-home craft.
- R15701 Craft Circles
- R2172 Tissue Circles
- Use a small loop of tape to secure a tissue circle to the center of the white side of a craft circle.
- Fold the paper circle in half, with the printed side of the craft circle on the outside. Crease approximately an inch in the center of the fold. Leave the rest of the fold un-creased.
- Unfold the circle. Turn it 90 degrees.
- Fold the edges of the circle on either side of the center crease in so they overlap slightly. Do NOT crease.
- Use the center crease as a fold line to fold the tube in half. Do NOT crease.
- Use a small loop of tape to secure the two sides together, forming the completed fortune cookie.
- Include fortunes! On a small strip of paper (approximately 1 x 3″) write a message or short, encouraging phrase. Insert the strip of paper into the tube before you fold it in half, and continue as instructed. Present the fortune cookie to a friend on their birthday, Valentine’s day, or any day as a random act of kindness!
- Create a fortune cookie garland! String several fortune cookies on a piece of yarn and hang the garland from the ceiling, around a door or window, or along a desk!
- Try reversing the direction of your first fold! This will create a fortune cookie with a white and tissue outside and a patterned inside.